Australian High Commission Islamabad Jobs
Australian High Commission Islamabad
Program Officer Humanitarian and Governance Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID)
Based in the Australian High Commission, Islamabad, the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) manages the Australian Government's aid program to Pakistan. The program is substantial and growing, and is focused on reducing poverty and promoting sustainable development by assisting Pakistan in areas including health, education and rural development. Australian aid is delivered in partnership with the Government of Pakistan and other bilateral and multilateral agencies.
AusAID is seeking a highly-skilled development professional for the position of Program Officer. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team to develop, administer and monitor Australian humanitarian and governance assistance to Pakistan.
1. A university degree (preferably at post-graduate level), in a field related to development assistance, from a recognised institution;
2. At least five years demonstrated experience working in the development sector (preferably within a bilateral or multilateral donor or NGO);
3. A well developed knowledge of development issues in Pakistan, in particular in the humanitarian and governance sectors;
4. Highly developed analytical skills;
5. Demonstrated capacity to manage development projects and programs;
6. Demonstrated leadership and team work skills, including the capacity to work in a small team;
7. Proven initiative and resourcefulness and the capacity to work with minimal direction while exercising judgment, maturity and flexibility;
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Urdu; and
9. A high level of computer literacy including previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet.
Applications should include a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the above selection criteria, including concrete examples drawn from previous experience. Applications should also include a short curriculum vitae (including contact details of at least two work-related referees) and should be received by Friday 19 March 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CV and application to: Program Officer Application, AusAID, Australian High Commission, GPO Box 1046, Islamabad, or by email to: AusaidJobs.Islamabad@dfat.gov.au
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information about this position please visit our website www.pakistan.embassy.gov.au